Contact lubricant for MIG/MAG welding wire balm
- Wire-Balm PROTEC WLS04 is a contact lubricant for wire electrodes used in MIG/MAG welding, MIG brazing and laser brazing processes
- WLS04 ensures a perfectly clean wire with perfect feeding characteristics
- For stable arcs with optimum ignition and reduced spatter output
- Easier to start moving, for this reason, it prevents ignition faults and burn-backs
- Prevents micro arcs in the contact tip
- Increased productivity, significant reduction of downtime
The agent is applied using wire PADs and wire CLIPs:
- Two wire PADs each are positioned one after the other: one drenched in Wire-Balm PROTEC WLS04 and then one dry PAD (tandem process)
- For this purpose, evenly drench one wire PAD with WLS04 — a small quantity is used, the PAD must not drip, even when squeezed firmly.
- Fold both PADs and position on the welding wire using wire CLIPs (upstream of the wire input)
- During on-going operation: check both PADs once per shift and re-position (turn further, re-fold or turn around);
Reapply agent to the drenched WLS04 PAD once every shift (1-2 ml)
IMPORTANT: Start first use with a new liner.
Not suitable for aluminium wire.
Product Code: P-W001.003